How can I upload my grades to gradebook?
You can enter your grades in a file in your computer, and then upload it to ODTUClass. For that, you can follow the next steps:
- Save your grades document as a "CSV file".
- This file should include a column such as id number or email to identify students.
- To be sure, open .csv file with a text editor (such as Notepad):
- Check the separator. In most cases separator is either comma or semicolon.
- Check the decimal separator: It should be "dot (.)".
- Go to ODTÜClass and open course page.
- Click "Grades" option from Course Administration.
- Click "Import" tab. "CSV file" tab will also be chosen.
- Drag and drop your .csv file to "File" box.
- Select the separator (step 2) of your file.
- Click "Upload Grades" button.
- Check "Import Preview".
- ODTÜClass will be matching the students in your file with the list of enrolled students according to your selection at the "Identify user by" section:
- Select the column title of the student idenfier from "Map from" dropdown menu.
- Select the matching data from "Map to" dropdown menu.
- From "Grade item mappings" section find the grade item you want to import and select the column title of the grades in your file using the dropdown menu.
- Click "Upload grades" button.